Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Coming back on the grid with a long winded explanation about procrastination

You know when you haven't been to the dentist in a really long time, it seems REALLY annoying to actually have to go just to have them tell you that you don't floss enough.  Because seriously, who flosses EVERY day???  People who have stock in dental floss companies, that's who?  Oh, you floss every day??  Well fine, go ahead and judge that I'm not a daily flosser.  Nor have I been to the dentist in 2 years.  During which time, my lack of flossing is probably going to make my next visit, in XX number of months (I don't want to lock myself into a specific date declaration) even MORE horrible.  See?  It's a vicious cycle.  Not that I'm an anti-dentite.  My grandfather was a dentist.  And my next door neighbor as a child worked at a dentist office.  I just hate that they try to trick with the notion of the "fresh from the dentist" mentality.  You know what I feel like after the dentist?  1) guilty for not flossing more often 2) pain because they've hacked away at my gums 3) nauseous because I accidentally swallowed a little bit of fluoride which I know you aren't supposed to swallow.  4) impending doom that I have to go back to the dentist in 6 short little months.

This whole dental rant, which really went on significantly longer than I had intended, is a giant metaphor for my lack of blogging.  It started off small, "Oh, I'll do that later."  Then it grew to "Oh my hell, I haven't blogged since October, how will I ever make up that time??"  To "meh, screw it.  No one really reads my blog, right?"  To be heckled by people (I'm looking at you, Richard Yates specifically) for not blogging recently.  Son of a....

So here is my public apology for lack of blogging.  This is also me summarizing anything that was important in the last couple of months as I go.  If the events don't go exactly chronologically, give me a break!  I'm busy!  Will post soon.  Or relatively soon.  Or in like a month.  Or at some point.

Procrastination, it's amazing.  What's that, something shiny?  Ooo the Olympics are on....

No comments:

Post a Comment